Sergio Verboonen M.D.
M.D., UNAM, Mexico
LapBand certified surgeon
Specialized in Laparoscopic Surgery in the General Hospital of The Secretary of Health
Member of the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery
Member of the Medical Association and of the Association of General Surgeons of Mexico Current President of the College the Surgeon General of Baja California
Member of the Society of Mexican Surgeons of the Obese.
* Performed almost 10,000 laparoscopic procedures since early 1990′s
* Performed more than 2300 gastric band surgeries.
* Dr. Sergio Verboonen is more than just a Doctor. He is a highly recognized specialist in Laparoscopic surgery. Dr. Sergio and Dr. Ponce and their team have given more than 2300 men and women the ability to live again! With zero slippages. These 2300 victims of severe obesity became reborn. Today they are happy people once again!
* Place and date of birth: Mazatlán, Sin. México. Mar/1964.
* Office address: av. Revolucion # 670, z.c. Tijuana, b.c. Ph:
* Medicine faculty “UNAM” Ciudad Universitaria, México, D.F. Postgraduate: ” General Hospital of Tijuana” S.S.A. Tijuana, B.C. Mexico.
* Member of the mexican society of endoscopic surgery (asociación mexicana de cirugía endoscopica).
* Current regional delegate of AMCE 2002-2003
* Member of the mexican society of bariatric surgery (sociedad mexicana de la cirugía de la obesidad, a.c.).
* Member of the medical college of Tijuana: (colegio medico de Tijuana).
* Member of the general surgeons college of Tijuana (colegio de cirujanos generales de Tijuana a.c.).
* Member of the IFSO ( international federation surgery obesity).
* Current president of the general surgeons college of Tijuana; 2002-2003.
* Was the last president of the college of surgeons general of Tijuana> (2002-2003) until june 2003.
* Member Mexican Society of General Surgery (AMCG Asociación Mexicana de Cirugía General).
* Member of Colegio Posgraduados en Cirugía General.
* Member of Latinamerican Society of Endoscopic Surgery (ALACE ASOCIACION LATINOAMERICANA DE CIRUGIA ENDOSCOPICA).
* Member Latin American Federation of Surgery (FELAC Federación Latino americana de cirugia)
Courses and Congress
* ATLS American college surgeons 30-31 jul/93.
* Presentation in the I latinamerican congress and the III national congress of endoscopic surgery ” experiencia con toracoscopia video-asistida en hospital general de Tijuana; may 21 1994.
* Lap band system work shop Tijuana B.C. Mex mar 15-18-2001.
* Every year to the anual congress of AMCE.
* Bariatric course by mexican society of bariatric surgery cancun Q. Roo Mexico may, 5-6/1999.
* SMCO (mexican society of bariatric surgeons) III annual meeting, Cozumel Q. Roo mex. Jul5-7-2001
* VIII Mundial IFSO congress; Chania Creta; sep/3-5/2001.
* ASBS 19 th annual meeting jun-24-29 2002 Las Vegas Nevada.
* SMCO (mexican society of bariatrics surgery) iv annual meeting Huatulco Oax. Mexico. Jul-2002 (asistant).
* SMCO (mexican society of bariatrics surgery) IV annual meeting huatulco Oax. México. Jul-2002 (teacher of lap band laparoscopy).
* Mid band work shop sep/19-26/2002;
* Lyon France AMCG (mexican asociation general surgery) annual meeting; transcongress bariatric course teacher. Nov 01-03 2002.
* Acapulco Gro Mex. Precongres course XII Tijuana, B.C. Mexico.
* Tijuana College of Surgeons (bariatrics course the president and teacher) feb 25 -26 excel hospital. XII international congress Tijuana college of surgeons (president)
* President of the Colegio de Cirujanos Generales de Tijuana.
* Organizer of the XII Congreso Internacional by the Colegio de Cirujanos Generales de Tijuana, as well as the Pre Congress.Taken place in Tijuana. B.C.
* Coordinator of the Bariatric Surgery Module.
* Attendance to the AMCG XXVII congress of Veracruz, Veracruz Mexico.
* In February, attendance to the precongress course of bariatric surgery in Cancún organized by AMCE (XIII) and to the 8th World Congress Endoscopic Surgery. Cancun, Mexico. February 2004.
* Profesor in AMCG XXVIII Congress in Leon Guanajuato.
* XIV Congreso Internacional by the Colegio de Cirujanos Generales de Tijuana. Tijuana, Mexico.
* Titular Profesor in the XIV AMCE Precongress course in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
* Attendance and professor in the VII Congress by Sociedad Mexicana de Cirugía de Obesidad (SMCO ). Los Cabos, Mexico. July 2005.
* Attendance 10th Wordl Congreso of the internacional Federation for the surgery Obesity, 19th symposium on obesity surgery. Maastrich Netherlands. September 2005.
* Profesor and atendee a the XXVII Transcongreso de la AMCG in Merica Mexico. Noviembre 2005.
* Attendance to the XV Congress in Tijuana and Coordinator of the bariatrica surgery Module. Tijuana Mexico. March 2006.
* Attendance XV AMCE Congress. Ixtapa Mexico. May 2005.
* Attendance and profesor at the Precongress course of bariatric surgery organized by the Colegio Mexicano de Cirugía de Obesidad. Mazatlan Mexico. June 2006.
* Attendance to the 10 th Wordl Congress Endoscopic Surgery. Berlin, Germany.
* Attendance XXX Congress by the AMCG Congreso nternacional de Cirugia General. Acapulco Mexico. November 2006.
* Curso de Endoscopia para el cirujano general organized by the AMCG. Acapulco Mexico. November 2006.